European Poultry Congress (EPC), 17th-21st September 2018, Croatia
The XV European Poultry Congress this year was held in the beautiful city of Dubrovnik, Croatia at Valamar Lacroma Hotel Resort.
The conference gathered 1487 participants from 72 countries, and it was the largest agricultural conference ever held in this part of Europe. A large number of poultry scientists and specialists gathered at this Conference to study and discuss the most recent advance in poultry science. Altogether 12 plenary lectures were presented by leading world scientists, as well as 230 oral and 285 poster presentations, in 22 parallel sections.
Huvepharma global product managers Dr. M.Vereecken, Dr. V.Hautekiet Dr. W.Depondt, Dr. B. Dehaeck, participated in the sessions of Poultry Health, delievring oral presenation on key topics. Some of the topics which they elaborated on were:
- Gastrointestinal problems in broiler breeders and pullets after coccidiosis vaccination;
- A probiotic containing viable spores of bacillus licheniformis improves gut health after coccidiosis vaccination;
- Efficacy of Gallifen® 40 mg/ g premix against natural infections of Ascaridia galli and Heterakis gallinarum in layer chickens;
- Overview on the efficacy of paromomycine as a treatment for commercial turkeys experiencing outbreaks with Histomonas meleagridis;
- Comparison of different anticoccidial programs on coccidiosis control of broilers under floorpen conditions;
Huvepharma hosted a white dinner party, which took place in a cozy restaurant near the Adriatic see, where scientific part met joyful entertainment activities.